Benefits of Residential Pest Control in Vancouver
Like most people, you may think of pests as nothing more than a minor annoyance. You swat at the occasional fly or spider, and maybe you’ve had to call an exterminator once or twice.
But what if we told you that pests could be a major threat to your health and safety? That’s right – pests can carry dangerous diseases and damage your property and belongings.
Not just belongings, your building might be in danger because of the underlying termite infestation you are unaware of. Maybe while you are reading this blog in your living room or bedroom, some mice are having a party in your kitchen! Who knows.
We are here to help you worry less from today. Today we will enlighten you on the benefits of residential pest control in Vancouver to better understand why it is important and how often you should get your home inspected for pests.
What are Pests?
First things first, what even are pests? Pests can be small animals or insects that invade homes and businesses for food or shelter. Some common pests include mice, rats, cockroaches, ants, and termites.
How Can Pests Sneak Inside Your Home?
Pests usually enter your home through cracks and crevices or may be brought in on clothing or luggage. Once inside, they can quickly multiply and become a serious problem. Here are some common ways pests can enter your property:
- Through cracks and crevices: Mice can squeeze through the smallest spaces, as small as a dime, and rats can fit through smaller spaces as small as the size of a quarter.
- On clothing or luggage: Cockroaches and bedbugs can hitch a ride into your home on clothing or luggage.
- Through vents: Vents provide an easy way for pests to enter your home.
- Through doors and windows: Gaps around doors and windows can provide an easy entryway for pests.
Diseases Carried by Pests
Pests usually carry a variety of diseases that can be harmful to humans. Here are some common diseases carried by pests:
- Salmonella: This disease is typically transmitted by rodents and cockroaches. It can cause severe diarrhea, vomiting, and fever.
- E. coli: This disease is typically transmitted by rodents and cockroaches. It can cause severe diarrhea, vomiting, and fever.
- Hantavirus: This disease is transmitted by rodents. It can cause severe respiratory illness.
- Lyme disease: This disease is transmitted by ticks. It can cause fatigue, muscle aches, and joint pain.
- West Nile virus: This disease is transmitted by mosquitoes. It can cause fever, headaches, and body aches.
Pests can also trigger asthma attacks in people who are allergic to them.
4 Reasons To Prevent Pests
So why should you care about pests? Here are four good reasons:
- Pests can cause serious health problems.
- Pests can damage your property.
- Pests can be a nuisance.
- Prevention is the best way to deal with pests.
When it comes to pests, prevention is always the best method of control. By preventing pests from sneaking into your home, you can save time, money, and hassle in the long run.
Pest control companies like Pesticon are pioneers in removing pests from your residential areas. Pesticon pest control company services include but are not limited to commercial pest control, residential pest control and much more. If you want to know about your residential pest problem, contact us, and we will assess you.